Deciding to temp can be beneficial for a number of reasons. It is a fantastic means of gaining experience, or supporting yourself between permanent roles or during education, and will also give you the opportunity to familiarise yourself with a diverse range of sectors. The flexibility temping offers, with assignments ranging from a day to several months, means that you can tailor your work to fit in with your lifestyle.
WHY TEMP THROUGH GLC GROUP?
The Temps Division at GLC Group work alongside a wide variety of clients based throughout London. ?We support clients in the Distribution, Logistics, Industrial, Warehouse, Food Processing, Manufacturing, Warehouse, Removals, Construction and many more …
As a temporary worker, you will be assigned a dedicated consultant who will be in regular contact with you. Whether it is a weekly call to update your availability for work, talking to you during your assignment to ensure that you are happy at the company, or providing you with feedback once the booking is over, they will do everything possible to ensure you receive a high calibre service.
INFORMATION FOR GLC GROUP TEMPORARY WORKERS
As a temporary worker, it is important to make the best impression possible on clients, as you are more likely to be requested for future bookings or informed of permanent opportunities. Important points to remember are:
- Good timekeeping is essential. If you are delayed in getting to work, please inform your Consultant prior to your usual start time so that they can keep the client informed. Our offices are open from 8am every morning, and there is an answering service on at all times.
- If you are unable to make it into work, due to illness or for any other reason, please make sure you have notified us, as above.
- Make sure that you abide by the company dress code. We will advise you of this prior to the start of your assignment.
- Please do not use client telephone, Internet or email facilities for personal use unless prior permission has been given.
- Any overtime worked must be cleared with a line manager.
- Please ensure that any personal appointments or interviews are arranged outside of working hours as far as possible.
When you work for GLC GROUP, you will be paid a week in arrears, i.e. on the Friday following the week you have worked. You will receive this by electronic transfer directly into your bank account. In order to ensure you are paid on time, timesheets must be filled out fully and correctly and signed by our Client. You must ensure that your timesheet reaches our offices at the very latest by 12pm on the Monday following the week you have worked.
As a temporary worker, you are entitled to 5.6 weeks (28 days) paid leave per year. There is no additional right to paid leave on bank holidays, this must count towards your annual entitlement. Our holiday calendar year runs from April to March. Holiday pay is capped at 35 hours a week, as opposed to your salary which is paid as per the hours you work. For example, if you request a week’s holiday pay this will account for a 35 hour week, even if you usually work a 40 hour week. Your holiday pay is kept back in a fund until you request it. The payslip you receive each week will inform you of how many days holiday you have accrued at any given point in time. To give you a guide, two full weeks of 35 hours will entitle you to one day’s holiday. In order to claim your holiday pay, you will need to complete a holiday pay request form, which you will need to submit to us in the same manner as your timesheet.